There are few things which are responsible to ruin down the better looks of a car quite as fast as an unexpected ding or dent. No matter the dent is originated due to a careless driver on the freeway or from a runaway shop car at the supermarket, riding a car with dent is certainly no fun, and repairing of those dents on the body shop at your local area can be a lot expensive indeed. However, it’s possible to remove those inevitable dents, scrapes and dings by some methods, all you require is to afford a bit of your pocket costs for repairing those dents.
There are several numbers of things that you will need to consider for attempting these do-it-yourself dent repairs. We can explore out plenty of dent repair kits in the market and many among these kits include entire thing that you require to repair and remove the small dents at ease and quickly. Most of these kits use suction cups along with similar implements, so they have the merit of eliminating the requirement to drill holes in the finish in order to remove a dent.
Some of the steps required for completing the dent repair are mentioned below:
1. Figure out the very center of the dent and drill a hole in that dent with a 1/8″ drill bit. In addition, you can also use a hot glue gun in order to glue a plastic adaptor to the very center of that dent. The dent removal kits may include these glue guns and plastic adapters.
2. Thread dent pulling tool into the recently and newly dilled hole, or attach dent pulling tool with the plastic circle which is glued on the dent. After placing the dent pulling tool in its proper place, pull on it in order to flatten the dent.
3. Hammer the front dent carefully by using the metalworking hammer and beside this, hold the dolly firmly against the dent back at the same time. You might have to open the truck, hood of the car or go underneath the car for reaching to the back of the dent.
4. Use a medium grit disk mounted on a drill for grinding the paint down to the bare metal and you should consider the area should be extended out at least one inch around the dent itself. After that, fill the whole with better quality body filler.
5. Wait till the body filler dry entirely, then sand the area carefully with sandpaper that has been wrapped around a wood block. When it comes to sanding, you should start with a 36-grit sandpaper as well as work up to 120-grit sandpaper.
6. Use a spray primer in order to prime the area by ensuring that the primer you’re using is specially designed for automotive use. Use of Six coats of primer should be done by allowing each and every coat of the primer to dry entirely before applying to the next coat.
7. Sand the primer by using a 600-grit wet along with the dry sandpaper. This will assist you for removing any sort of scratches. After that, the area must be touched up with an automotive paint which is perfectly matching.
Deelip is a search engine optimizer and an Internet marketer who specializes on online automotive market. He started writing articles to share his knowledge about cars with other people who are looking for informations related to different car subject. He also runs also owns a web design company Web Design Nepal.
Visit Touch Up Paint to find out car touch up paints while repairing minor scratches on car.
Article Source: Article Source: Click here to see original article
was first published to: Paintless Dent Repair San Antonio Texas